This course provides learners with a hands-on approach to develop the skills and confidence to respond to a range of accidents and first aid emergencies they could encounter in the workplace.
The following subjects are covered in this one day training course:
Dealing with an emergency
– assessing and monitoring a casualty and where to get help
– electrical incidents
– accident recording and reporting
– control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)
Provides learners with the first aid skills to help someone who
– is unresponsive and breathing
– is unresponsive and not breathing (including the use of a defibrillator/AED)
– is having a seizure
– is choking
– is bleeding
– is suffering from shock
– is burnt
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for people who want to receive training in emergency first aid and is especially suited for nominated first aiders in smaller, low risk working environments.