The Industry Common Induction has been designed to provide learners with a health and safety induction for working on construction sites, rail depots and undertaking station maintenance
The ICI assessment has been developed by Network Rail in partnership with ISLG (Infrastructure Safety Liaison
Group) and RIAG (Rail Infrastructure Assurance Group).
It aims to:
1. Drive safety; ensuring staff have a core competence in health safety and environment
2. Drive productivity; reduce the amount of time taken to access sites
3. Drive consistency; covering safety procedures and risks that are common across the rail industry
4. Allow more focus; tailored briefs focusing on site risks and hazards specific to a location
5. Provide an entry level competency for working in the rail industry
The ICI competency has been mandated for the 1st June 2016.
Who Should Attend?
ICI is mandatory for anyone working on any Network Rail Infrastructure Projects. These include (but are not limited to) construction sites, rail depots and station maintenance.