This course is designed to provide an awareness of the injuries and damage caused by poor manual handling and the correct techniques required to reduce the likelihood of future problems.
Learners attending this course will be briefed in the following content:
• The Health & Safety at Work Act and other relevant legislation
• Function of the spine and muscular system
• Repetitive strain injury, avoidance of potential injuries.
• Moving and Handling Assessments
• Principles of safer Moving and Handling
• Unsafe systems of work
• Manual Handling Risk Assessment
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at any individuals who are involved in manual handling in the workplace.