At Keltbray we know that our people are our most asset. Our goal is to create an environment where you will thrive, and our business will succeed.
We pride ourselves on our experienced and multi-disciplined teams, and our commitment to providing high quality solutions, which are delivered safely, and to time and budget using our in-house resources. We have the specialised plant and skilled workforce to deliver standalone services as well as fully integrated solutions.
Keltbray Energy are looking for design managers for substations, to lead and deliver the delivery of engineering on projects ranging across renewables, battery energy storage systems, transmission and distribution.
This is a unique opportunity to work on delivering projects that enable clean energy. Join a great team with exciting prospects for career growth.
Duties and responsibilities
- Actively drive safety by design and contribute to hazard review meetings.
- Carry out site surveys and coordinate work with site teams as required.
- Review and propose concept and base designs based on tender information.
- Create design and equipment technical specifications.
- Drive the multidisciplinary engineering interfaces and ensure they are captured and developed to enable successful project delivery.
- Coordinate and manage design teams across all disciplines on the project.
- Design authority for the whole project, approving documentation in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Support site teams with matters related to technical and engineering designs and aspects.
- Support project management in terms of identifying and assessing project risks and opportunities.
- Liaise with project manager on engineering budgets and manage engineering progress, labour forecasts, cost-to-complete estimates.
- Manage engineering changes on projects in line with the company and contractual procedures.
- Ensure performance is in line with the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for on-time delivery, requirements management and right-first time.
- Ensure design work is delivered to the expected quality and meeting KPI targets.
- Ensure design work is delivered on-time as per the project timelines.
- Ensure design work is delivered in line with projects work information and employer requirements.
- Ensure design work is delivered in line with applicable standards and specifications.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- HNC/HND or equivalent is a minimum. BSc., BEng. or equivalent is desirable.
- IEng or CEng chartership status is desirable.
- Experience in using CAD tools and working in BIM environment.
- 5+ years experience in substations design. 8+ years experience for Senior title. 12+ years experience for Principle title.
- Knowledge of HSE statutes.
- Knowledge of general electrical works standards and regulations.
- Knowledge of transformers, switchgear, batteries, cabling, earthing and lighting standards and regulations.
Please reach out to [email protected] if you are interested.