Keltbray Lagan Power are a specialist electrical engineering contractor working in the global market, delivering the highest standard in design, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of ‘High Voltage’ and ‘High Technology’ assets for its clients.
We are now looking to recruit a Commissioning Engineer to join our team and work on projects initially across the UK with a scope to work on contracts worldwide. You will be responsible for demonstrating our expertise within Keltbray’s self delivery model working closely with our Senior management team in providing HV and MV solutions on behalf of our clients
Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Plan and carry out work in a safe manner, adhering to health and safety procedures at all times.
- Liaising with in house project engineers to produce and develop commissioning plans.
- Carry out onsite, pre and post energisation commissioning of substation equipment and protection schemes to ensure Keltbray Ltd projects meet with the highest standards.
- Liaise with clients, consultants and their representatives.
- Produce commissioning reports and test documentation.
- Manage interfaces between Keltbray Ltd and client / DNO commissioning engineers.
- Liaise with manufacturers on commissioning issues and attend factory acceptance tests.
- Provide technical support to project engineers during design and drawing approval process.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
- Contribute to the future success of Keltbray Ltd and its clients.
Key qualifications and experience:
- We would expect you to be self-motivated with proactive approach to work and be able to rise to a challenge.
- Educated to a minimum HND level qualification in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Sound technical electrical engineering knowledge within the power sector.
- Previously authorised on electrical safety rules for high voltage systems.
- Flexible and organised to manage workload to meet deadlines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work proactively on own or as part of a team.
- Track record of commissioning.
- Excellent communication & IT skills.
- Full driving licence.
- TP141 authorisation considered an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of industry leading protection relay manufacturers.
- Previous experience commissioning IEC61850 schemes considered an advantage.
- SAP authorisation also considered an advantage.
The role will require frequent work away from home.