Keltbray Piling install deep piled foundations and retaining walls, typically within complex inner city sites offering a range of solutions from CFA and traditional rotary bored piling (with and without support fluid) to restricted access mini piles and installation of plunge columns to exacting tolerances.
We are now looking to recruit a Contracts Manager / Senior Engineer to be responsible for overseeing the growth of the Mini Piling division at Keltbray working closely alongside the Directors.
- Plan piling projects with assistance from the Operations Director utilising available resources as required
- Contribute to and review Method Statements and Risk Assessments for piling projects, ensure that these are submitted for approval in a timely fashion by our clients and their Engineers
- Ensure that all piling contracts are planned with the main construction/design risks discussed with mitigation measures introduced and implemented
- Throughout the course of the piling contract, ensure that any unforeseen piling hazards are regularly reviewed with risk assessments and mitigation measures introduced
- Attend piling handover meetings between design & construction (WHP & Keltbray Piling)
- Co-ordinate Keltbray Piling activities with other contractors on site taking due consideration of safety, quality, production & cost
- Ensure that all piling records are completed with assistance from the Piling Foreman and Contract Engineers
- Ensure that all piling records are transferred into electronic format
- Review and understand the extent of the piling contract works and ensure that any additional works are instructed
- Liaise with Main Contractors and ensure that piling areas are adequately demarcated with any changes recorded, highlighted and discussed with the Client
- Ensure pile construction is in accordance with relevant documentation (Keltbray piling contract, Method Statement, Risk Assessment, Design Specification etc.)
- Ensure that weekly reports on site safety, quality and progress are completed and that Weekly Cost vs Value reports are completed for all sites
- Complete a daily diary
- Ensure that non-conformances raised for our piling projects are closed out in a timely fashion
- Undertake site tool box talks as required
- Take daily photos of site progress and save to the system
- Attend site meetings representing Keltbray Piling interests
- Routinely update piling safe systems of work and record and review best piling practice
- Ensure that any “near miss” observations on site are recorded and ensure that accident statistics are updated
- Ensure that O&M manuals are completed as required within 4 weeks of completing piling projects
- Contribute to lessons learnt forum after each contract
Relevant experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of 2- 3 years’ as a senior engineer or Contracts Manager within Piling / Mini Piling
- Experience in leading packages up to the value of £5 million.
- Experience in developing the growth of a business division
Keltbray are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.