Keltbray Lagan Power are a specialist electrical engineering contractor working in the global market, delivering the highest standard in design, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of ‘High Voltage’ and ‘High Technology’ assets for its clients.
Following the introduction of Keltbray Lagan Power at the start of 2019 they are now looking to add an Electrical Estimator to thier team to play a vital role in tendering for projects across the UK based out of thier brand new office in Dublin.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Access initial tenders in respect of attractiveness, selectivity, commercial risk and competition, and provide appropriate report to management
- Reviewing tender documentation issued by the client and drive a thorough understanding of requirements
- Responsible for accurately quantifying materials, plant and labour requirements for allocated projects, ensure that for pre-designed projects, enquiries relative to the supply of materials, plant and labour is satisfactorily dealt with and that relevant information, contractual and trading particulars are distributed
- Set up, in conjunction with General Manager, estimating process and procedures, systems and data base. Maintain the estimating system to ensure all labour norms and prime costs are correct
- Prepare tender adjudication pack ready for sign off with senior management
- Prepare Contractors proposals forming part of the tender submission, together with tender programmes, organisation charts, method statements etc
- Provide a fully detailed tender based on a performance specification and engineer’s layout drawings for a D&B project. Provide design solutions including sketches, drawings, utilise inhouse design team as well as supply chain for design input
- Send out enquiries and work closely with manager and supply chain at tender stage to ensure that we have a correct and competitive prime costs
- Vet all subcontractors and plant tender submissions for compliance
- Cost preliminaries based on contract duration and requirements
- Provide estimating work load planner and maintain a data base of bids submitted
- Follow up bids submission and bid manage through to contract where required. This will include obtaining feedback on our price
- Provide monthly estimating report to management
- Provide Value engineering options (VE) and associated costs utilising innovation and the supply chain to ensure we add value in our tender where appropriate
- As may be required, attend site surveys and liaise with other departments, suppliers and subcontractors to tender submission stage, negotiate lowest price with suppliers and sub-contractors were required
- Minimum of 4 years’ Electrical Estimating experience ideally within HV / LV Power & Distribution frameworks
- Proven track record in delivering results
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
Keltbray are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.