Wentworth House Partnership is a specialist temporary works and refurbishment design consultancy. Known for imagination, initiative, and high level of technical expertise, we are based in Esher with easy and fast access to central London, and operate throughout the UK. A flexible design package is offered to suit the client’s individual requirements. Wentworth House Partnership works closely with clients to provide a personal service and fully understand their needs in order to achieve a satisfactory project outcome. We have extensive experience of all areas of temporary works and refurbishment in both the building and civil engineering sectors: cofferdams and deep basements in open cut and top down, façade and party wall supports in busy city centres and towns throughout the country.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work under supervision to develop safe economic geotechnical and structural design solutions
- Carry out all work so as to take into account own safety and the safety of others
- Carrying out basic geotechnical and structural designs in concrete, steel, timber, masonry and scaffold
- Drawing and detailing using AutoCAD
- Plotting drawings.
- Downloading data from collaborative web sites
- Communicating via telephone and email
- Act as Lead designer/ Task Team manager and undertake the associated responsibilities as described in table 2 of PAS1192_2, where these roles have been assigned on a project.
Degree or MSc in Civil/structural or Geotechnical Engineering
Good understanding of basic design tools, (2D CAD, Excel,Word, computer frame analysis)
Knowledge of how to comprehend an engineering drawing.
Good spatial perception.
Basic understanding of construction processes.
Sound understanding of basic physics (Static’s).
Ability to drive spreadsheet and word processing packages.
Able to work in a team of design engineers. Able to communicate well with site staff
Shares knowledge and takes account and uses other’s knowledge
Takes responsibility for self-development.
Listens to others and takes account of their views
Uses most appropriate means of communication, written or oral clearly and concisely.
Good listening and questioning skills
Plans and organises own work and prioritises to meet agreed deadlines and quality standards.
Uses time effectively.
If you have any questions relating to your application, please contact [email protected]
Interested? Apply now