As a Mechanical Engineer within our dynamic overhead electrification engineering design team, your role is central to a variety of responsibilities. Serving as a vital team member, you are tasked with creating, preparing, modifying, and contributing to a broad spectrum of multi-discipline designs. Your expertise holds significant influence not only in shaping the design process, but also in offering essential guidance and instructions to your fellow team members. This collaborative approach fosters a productive and synergistic environment within the electrification engineering domain, underscoring the crucial role mechanical engineering plays in the overall success of the team.
Task and duties:
- Undertake/assist in Overhead Electrification design, to meet agreed programmes and budgets.
- Undertake System, Basic, Allocation and Construction design of railway electrification in accordance with appropriate International, National, Railway Group and Network Rail Company Standards.
- Utilise CAD software packages to produce outline and detailed design drawings.
- Conduct detailed calculations to analyse structural loadings and mechanical interfaces for overhead line equipment.
- Collaborate effectively within a design team, benefiting from experienced guidance and mentorship.
- Create designs that seamlessly interface and coordinate across various railway disciplines.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of electrical bonding and isolation principles to ensure the design of a safe railway environment.
- Ensure sustainability and safe by design is always considered.
- Conduct and lead client design reviews, articulating engineering design decisions to deliver the agreed contractual scope.
- Undertake a 6 to 12 month placement with a construction team to gain experience and exposure to the railway infrastructure.
- Work towards professional registration within relevant Engineering Council Approved Body (IMechE, ICE, IET, PWI).
If you have any questions relating to your application, please contact [email protected]