HSQE Advisor – Distribution & Transmission (Utilities):
Keltbray Distribution & Transmission are one of the leading specialist providers of overhead line and sub-station services to the UK Distribution and Transmission market.
We are now looking to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor for a 6 month contract based in Swatragh (Northern Ireland) working on a distribution network project for one of our key clients.
This role will be a client facing site based role for 6 months initially with the potential of an extension.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining the various Management Systems currently in use within the Company – including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- carrying out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced
- carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
- keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports
- recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for Clients
- being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry
- Construction NEBOSH
- IOSH Membership
- Utility’s Background preferably Overhead Power Lines
- Attended top set 1 day investigation course
- 5 years’ experience as a Health and Safety advisor
Keltbray are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.