Hydraulic Hose and System Engineer
Service and Repair Engineer.
Keltbray Plant operates a fleet of over 150 machines ranging from 1-125 Tonne, with an additional 400 attachments to suit. We have the capability to transport plant from depot to site with three low-loaders, three Beavertail/Hiab lorries and four Dropside Pick Up trucks. We also have a first class team of engineers in the department to maintain the plant and adapt plant for any situation.
To carry out hydraulic system maintenance and repair to our “In house” large and varied plant fleet, comprising of excavators, large and small wheeled and tracked loaders, forklifts, powered access, and a large range of hammers and attachments.
The role is to operate our own hose and pipe repair operation to support our fleet on site and in the plant yard.
We have a fully equipped hose workshop and store, which holds stock to support the hose vehicle also equipped with saw and swager as well.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following machine systems is essential,
- Hose and pipe fitting types, types and applications of flexible hose and rigid tube.
- BFPA or equivalent qualifications in hose inspection and assembly are highly desirable, as is a relevant NVQ and CSCS card.
- The ability to work cleanly and be fully aware of the risks posed by pressurized oil systems.
- Machine hydraulic (including pilot and pump control) systems.
- Knowledge of attachment principles, Hammer theory, and experience of grabs, pulverisers, shears etc., would be an advantage.
- Standard Workshop hours are 7am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, with two breaks per shift.
- Overtime is neither compulsory nor guaranteed, but may be required to meet the operational needs of the company
- A company vehicle and Fuel card will be provided.
- A good selection of hand tools is required, but all specialist tools and any technical materials or resources will be provided when required.
- The ability to work as a team member, solving problems and working to a high standard is essential.
- Other skills such as welding and machining would be an advantage.