Project Cost Accountant
Keltbray Structures provides reinforced concrete structure solutions, using a breadth of specialist equipment, which is unrivalled in the industry. Keltbray Structures has swiftly developed a strong track record for undertaking the most complex and demanding projects from start to finish. We are experts in the construction of deep basements, top down and core construction, utilising self-climbing formwork and slipform systems.
We are now looking to recruit a Project Cost Accountant to join the business based on one of our exciting upcoming projects which will be starting in the new calendar year. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to get an insight into the world of construction at ground level and become a part of a growing and fantastic business.
The purpose of this role:
The basis for this role will be working closely alongside the QS’s and reporting into the Senior Finance Manager for Invoices, financial reports and job costings for the project. This role will be site based so will need to be able to work independently and under a fast paced environment.
Primary Tasks and Duties:
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient running of GRN processing & delivery tickets.
- Based on several sites ensuring all delivery tickets have been accounted for and processed during the day onto COINs.
- Liaise with the purchase ledger team with regards to any invoice queries.
- Main point of contact between site and purchase ledger.
- All queries are to be actioned and cleared in a timely manner to ensure suppliers are paid as per their T&C’s so that operationally the business unit is not affected.
- Ensure that all Invoices are cleared for payment to ensure suppliers are paid by their due date.
- Provide early warning reports to Finance Manager of potential queries that may effect on time payment to suppliers.
- Liaise with Buyers/suppliers and PL Dept to ensure these queries are closed out in a timely manner.
- Be available to liaise with commercial teams and subcontractors to ensure efficient processing of invoices and payments.
- Assist where required with the processing of the weekly wages for site personnel.
- Journal entries and job costs for projects including cost transfers between projects.
- Creation and analysis of financial reports.
- Monthly reports of Site issues to be included in the Management pack.
- Assisting with project audits.
- Attend site and head office meetings as required.
- Other tasks as required by the Finance Manager.
Relevant experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role I.e. Project Accountant within the construction industry
- COINS experience ideal however not essential
- Ability to work under a fast paced environment and individually
- Construction industry experience is essential
Keltbray are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.