About this role
Ultimately responsibility for overall profit and loss of a standard/complex project(s) whilst ensuring delivery on time to the highest standards of safety, sustainability, environmental and quality are implemented.
To maintain a collaborative working environment which ensures client, internal and other stakeholders’ requirements are effectively managed and employees feel motivated and engaged to deliver.
To support in the winning of several projects in accordance with the Power T&D Strategic Plan.
- Delivery of the Energy business strategy and objectives on your project(s) and outperform on key success measures.
- Manage commercial and business risks to achieve targets.
- Understand the relevant commercial terms and conditions for your project.
- Pro-actively manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to effectively manage expectations.
- Leadership of Zero Harm and drive for continuous improvement across SHEQ
- Participate in Safety Tours on your projects.
- Ensure the project implements a Sensible Monitoring Schedule
- Ensure timely incident investigations are progressed and closed.
- Collaborate relentlessly to ensure best opportunities for Energy Transmission are targeted and that the resources are utilised in the most efficient way on your project.
- Show clear and visible leadership and display the right leadership behaviours.
- Develop and support the project team to be successful by talking positively, listening actively and encouraging constantly.
- Work collaboratively with management and support functions to deliver your project (s) and enhance solid working relationships as one team across the business.
- Planning, controlling and managing the delivery of your project(s) utilising the necessary resource and skills, within the agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality safely.
- Instil a strong safety culture and develop the capability of our project team(s) to take personal responsibility through strong visible leadership.
- Drive yourself and others to comply with all business policies, procedures and governance.
- Lead on developing a high-performance culture of one team
- Talk positively and listen actively across the business and the people within it.
- Support of the tender process.
- Constantly seeking out talent for the future.
- Day to day management of client expectations whilst promoting the value we bring.
- Proven experience at Management Level
Skills and experience
- Experience of Management and Delivery of Overhead Line, Cabling or Substation schemes up to 400kV preferable.
- Strong People Management
- Proven track record in tendering and managing standard/complex / major projects, including sub-contractors.
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of both budgetary and financial control
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross-functional teams towards solutions.
- Vehicle or allowance
- Health Cover
- Holiday 25 days + Bank Holidays