Keltbray have an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their growing Distribution and Transmission division.
- Ensuring that projects are procured and delivered within budget and to the highest quality whilst meeting customers’ expectations.
- To manage the contract commercial team and direct the operational team in all commercial processes to ensure that projects are procured and delivered within budget and we achieve the department turnover targets and associated profit.
- They will have the ability to accurately manage and reduce WIP whilst maintaining successful working relationships between company, clients and subcontractors.
Aims and Objectives
- To support the operational team in the commercial processes to ensure achievement of turnover and profit targets, profitable contracts and sound cash flow performance
- To drive best value from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Drive customer satisfaction with minimum debtors.
- Provide assistance to junior staff and advice to the team on all contractual, financial and commercial activities on specified projects
- Maintain commercial control ensuring close administration of accounts and reporting to the Commercial Manager on all significant debtors
- Price and effectively agree project variations.
- Uptake on ideas and solutions included within projects resulting in a benefit to the project.
- Ensure compliance with delegated authority levels at all times
- Understand and manage the relationship between cost and programme, being able to forecast the expenditure of all project costs and manage the cash income position.
- To provide effective commercial and contractual support to operations on a number of projects in accordance with Keltbray procedures
- Prepare weekly applications and WIP reports for the Client and Commercial Manager
- Maintain sub-contractor accounts and advising the project team with up to date financial information
- Ensure timely submission and agreement of applications, cost plans, variation details, claims and other documentation
- Manage a programme that details WIP conversion and cash collection
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable
- Agree subcontract package split with Contract Manager and, and prepare a subcontractor appointment schedule
- Arrange and hold pre-order meetings with all prospective subcontractors
- Ensure a copy of all subcontract orders are provided to the site management team.
- Place subcontract orders
- Receive and value variations, update and maintain a variation schedule
- Receive Subcontractor payment applications, analyse and agree including work complete, materials on/off site, loss and expense, variations, and contra charges from non-conformances.
- Valuation of the subcontract works and the issuing of the payment notices and pay less notices
- Prepare weekly/monthly Cost/Value Reconciliation (CVR)
- Agree subcontract final accounts
- Prepare, submit & agree external Final Account
- Supervision, management and development of Junior Quantity Surveyors/ Assistant QSs
- Issuing of contractual notices to clients and the preparation and substantiation of contractual claims
- Carry out staff appraisals for staff who are direct reports setting out training and development programs as required.