Senior Design Engineer
Keltbray Piling are a specialist ground engineering contractor with projects spanning London and the M25. They typically install deep piled foundations and retaining walls, typically within complex inner city sites.
We offer a range of solutions from CFA and traditional rotary bored piling (with and without support fluid) to restricted access mini piles and installation of plunge columns to exacting tolerances. With an in-house design service and decades of experience within our construction team in UK ground conditions, we identify and eliminate construction risk for the benefit of our clients.
We are now looking to enhance the design team by bringing on a Senior Design Engineer responsible for supporting the Design Manger on complex projects up to the value of £15 million.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that designs can be constructed in a safe and commercially beneficial manner
- Design to appropriate standards and embrace innovation and value for money design solutions
- Provide guidance and support to Design Technicians and delegate tasks
- Liaise with project clients to fully understand their requirements and provide professional advice
- Preparation of NEC contract documentation.
- Site surveys and other site monitoring activities.
- Preparation of specifications, bills of quantities, site and works information
- Preparation of technical reports
- In conjunction with the Professional Team prepare lists of all of the design material, including drawings, specifications and schedules, which are required broken down by reference to individual building elements and individual members of the Professional Team.
- Take a proactive role in dealing with the sub-contractor queries and review these promptly and regularly with the Employer and Professional Team.
This role would suit an experienced Design Engineer who has worked for a specialist ground engineering contractor on large scale projects ranging from £1 – £15 million ranging across CFA, Rotary Bored & Retaining Wall.
Relevant experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ Design Engineering experience at a specialist ground engineering contractor
- Sub Contractor experIence is ideal however not essential
- Experience ranging across CFA, Rotary Bored and Retaining Wall Piling would be advantageous
- Lonond based
Keltbray are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.