Senior Quantity Surveyor – Structures
Keltbray Group is a UK leading specialist business, offering demolition and civil engineering, rail and environmental services. We are a key player in developing and maintaining Britain’s built environment, operating in highly regulated climates and transforming sites across the UK.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our structures division based in London. This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking, market leading company that will offer you a competitive salary, excellent progression opportunities, autonomy and the chance to work on some of the UK’s most prestigious projects.
- Actively participate in the management of each contract by providing commercial information and advice to the contract team.
- Assess and agree with relevant parties the cost and value of work done on a monthly basis, including variations and projected final costs when required, and report at CVC and contract meetings
- Provide valuations/applications/invoices as required by the contract and progress certificates and payments
- Ensure that procurement is carried out within budget and in accordance with the procurement programme
- Establish and agree amounts due to Sub-contractors and Suppliers, including final accounts, serve notices required under the various contract forms in respect thereof, and raise and issue documents to enable payment by the final dates for payments
- Prepare claims for value/time as necessary, issue of relevant notices and negotiate and agree final accounts
- Provide cost advice to the Quantity Surveyor on request or to allow provision to be made in budgets
- Provide advice/information at pre-construction stage on contractual/commercial matters when required by the tender team
- Maintain, update and prepare contract records for archiving all in accordance with company Quality and Management Systems
- Provide on the job training and development to allocated staff as agreed with the Managing Surveyor
- Optimise cash balances by negating undervalues and ensuring positive cash flow situations are maximised
Task and Measurement
- Achieve betterment of the contract target margin
- Produce accurate cost and value and budget information by the prescribed dates
- Maximise monthly valuation to achieve optimum recovery
- Conduct negotiation with Clients, Sub-contractors and Suppliers Representatives so as to avoid unnecessary disputes and speedy resolution when disputes do arise all on terms to give best available advantage to the company
Keltbray are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.