Service and Repair Engineer.
Keltbray Plant operates a fleet of over 150 machines ranging from 1-125 Tonne, with an additional 400 attachments to suit. We have the capability to transport plant from depot to site with three low-loaders, three Beavertail/Hiab lorries and four Dropside Pick Up trucks. We also have a first class team of engineers in the department to maintain the plant and adapt plant for any situation.
To carry out planned maintenance, breakdown response, and repair to our “In house” large and varied plant fleet, comprising of excavators, large and small wheeled and tracked loaders, forklifts, powered access and a large range of hammers and attachments.
The role is predominantly field orientated on our numerous sites in London and the south, although the occasional period in the yard or travel further afield with nights out may be required to assist a member of the field or workshop team.
- An NVQ or equivalent in plant maintenance is essential as well as CSCS entitlement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following machine systems is essential,
- Machine and engine electronic and electrical systems,
- Machine hydraulic (including pilot and pump control) systems.
- Engine Principles, including common rail fuel systems, engine management, and exhaust aftertreatment systems.
- The ability to carry out a full machine appraisal, condition assessment, and identify or repair parts as required, carry out repairs to a high standard, then provide an inspection report to enable it to be made re available to the hire fleet.
- Knowledge of attachment principles, Hammer theory, and experience of grabs, pulverisers, shears etc., would be an advantage.
- The ability to work safely on site, liaising with site personnel to ensure your safety and those working around you
- Overtime is neither compulsory nor guaranteed, but may be required to meet the operational needs of the company
- A company vehicle and Fuel card will be provided.
- A good selection of hand tools is required, but all specialist tools and any technical materials or resources will be provided when required.
- The ability to work as a team member, solving problems and working to a high standard is essential.
- Other skills such as welding, machining, and the manufacture of hose assemblies would be an advantage.