Sheet Piling Foreman
Operating nationwide, Keltbray Sheet Piling offers sheet piling solutions to the Keltbray Group and as a subcontractor within the construction industry. We cover all aspects of driven steel piling including; temporary and permanent works design, supply, installation and extraction of steel sheet piles, tubular and bearing piles, welded steel framing, anchors and other associated works.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced Sheet Piling Foreman for projects largely covering London and the South East however the relevant candidate will need to be willing to travel nationwide if required.
The purpose of this role:
The Piling Foreman is a site supervisory role. The Piling Foreman is responsible for supervising the daily site operations of sheet piling and / or welding contracts. Instructing site KSP site personnel and dealing with the client at site and managerial level. This may be a non working or a working / operating plant supervisory role.
Primary Tasks and Duties:
- Recognise that maintaining exceptional standards of Health, Safety and Welfare in the workplace is fundamental to the safe and successful delivery of each and every project.
- Be responsible for your own safety, and to others likely to be affected by your actions. Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Brief KSP team on KSP Induction, RAMS, Lift Plan and other site procedures and rules.
- Ensure all works are carried out in line with the current revision of the site HSQE documentation, i.e. RAMS, Lift Plan, Risk & COSHH Assessments.
- Responsible for all matters of safety related to the KSP site team.
- Liaise with the client regarding the planning of the works and interaction with the main client works on site. With particular regard to logistics, progress, site layout and attendances.
- Brief the site team each day on the tasks / hazards using the daily briefing.
- Brief the site team each week on a relevant tool box talk.
- Responsible for record keep and ensuring records are forwarded to head office on a daily/weekly basis.
- Responsible for the following weekly inspections, completion of and submission of the registers / records;
- Other daily diary’s, progress records, record agreement sheets as required on site.
- Records may be taken and submitted using a tablet, the Site Supervisor will attend training to allow him / her to do this.
- Weekly submission to the office of the site records, delivery tickets etc.
- Contact Managers / Engineers are to call off piles and materials after discussing with the Foreman.
- Call off all consumables, for example, fuels, gases and small tools.
- To liaise with Contracts Manager / Engineer when requesting or off hiring plant and personnel.
- Supervise more than one gang (i.e. a piling gang and a welding gang) depending on the size and complexity of the works.
- Must report any accidents, incidents, near misses and damage to plant and record in the proper manner.
- Responsible for housekeeping, replenishing consumables and the upkeep of the site cabin.
- Report to sheet piling management on progress, outputs and durations.
Sheet Piling or Piling project experience is essential.
Qualifications and Training:
- Chargehand – Keltbray Supervisors Assessment
- CPCS Crane / Lifting Operations Supervisor
- CSCS Piling Operative
- CSCS Supervisor or working towards NVQ Level 3
- Effective Communication training course
- CPCS Plant Operator – for specialist piling plant
- Asbestos Awareness
Keltbray are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.