Sheet Piling Plant Operator
Operating nationwide, Keltbray Sheet Piling offers sheet piling solutions to the Keltbray Group and as a subcontractor within the construction industry. We cover all aspects of driven steel piling including; temporary and permanent works design, supply, installation and extraction of steel sheet piles, tubular and bearing piles, welded steel framing, anchors and other associated works.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced Plant Operators (Telescopic Leader Rig and Pile Press) for projects largely covering London and the South East however the relevant candidate will need to be willing to travel nationwide if required.
The purpose of this role:
The Plant Operator must be trained, competent and experienced and hold the appropriate qualification for the plant they are to operate.
Primary Tasks and Duties:
- Recognise that maintaining exceptional standards of Health, Safety and Welfare in the workplace is fundamental to the safe and successful delivery of each and every project.
- Be responsible for your own safety, and to others likely to be affected by your actions. Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Report directly to the Piling Foreman / Supervisor.
- Ensure all works are carried out in line with the current revision of the site HSQE documentation, i.e. RAMS, Lift Plan, Risk & COSHH Assessments.
- Work within the piling or welding gang with the specialist piling plant and equipment.
- Operate plant in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction / manual.
- Attend familiarisation training / briefing to ensure knowledge of a particular model of plant is understood before operated on site.
- Carry out familiarisation training / briefing to other operators to ensure knowledge of a particular model of plant is understood before operated on site.
- Duties will not be restricted to the operating of one category of plant, if an operator holds multiple plant accreditations they will be expected to operate differed plant as directed.
- Responsible for daily and weekly plant inspection reports and the maintenance of the plant they operate and the reporting of any faults.
- Completion and submission of daily and weekly plant reports to the office, at the end of the working week.
- Duties will not solely be plant operations, if the work load dictates a plant operator will be expected to perform site operations as part of the sheet piling gang.
- Perform Slinger/Signaller duties, if qualified and competent.
- Banking of cranes and piling rigs if qualified and competent.
Sheet Piling or Piling project experience is essential. We would expect an experienced operator to have been assessed by Watson & Hillhouse or Giken and hold a competency card.
Qualifications and Training:
- CSCS Piling Operative
- CPCS Slinger Signaller
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness
Keltbray are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.